View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 1:13pm   #4
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $406058

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette View Post
Yes, mostly involving my dog (who passed a little over a year ago) and his previous owner (who passed unexpectedly, which is how my parents and I got his 2 dogs). It's kind of why I've been having such a hard time with the loss.

Have been somewhat reticent to talk about it openly, was only a few months ago in the pet loss support group that I was able to...apparently is quite common. The therapist leading the group said I should write a book about my experiences not sure how I feel about that...right now still trying to work my way through things.
I remember your story. Losing a pet is among the hardest of times.

Not relating to psychic experiences, but it's interesting that your therapist suggested writing a book. Whether it's a book or not, writing can help; I've seen it with my wife. We had a stillborn baby in 1977, & my wife struggled with that loss for many years until she found a therapist who, in my opinion, was nothing short of a miracle worker. He guided her in "flooding" therapy, where she wrote letters to our baby, and visited the common burial area where she is. She spent hours there every week for many months talking to her. In the end, it was a huge help. She now talks freely & openly about what happened, which was impossible before. No more bad dreams, visions, etc.

She's applied that technique several times since in times of loss, & it always helps.
Stevedore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevedore For This Useful Post: