Old 11-21-2020, 5:47pm   #49140
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 54.3%

Thanked 23,918 Times in 9,929 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
After catching it and being sick for 13 days (still have a fever) there is NOTHING I experienced that is worth closing a store, school, church, or bar for.

Show me REINFECTION rates and you may get my attention. Herd immunity postponement and games is accomplishing NOTHING.
So what's your threshold for thinking it's ok to shut or limit anything.. Intensive care, ventilator for whatever period, long lasting health effects, giving it to someone else and they die or you die from it.
Just curious.

Let's face it nobody likes to or wants to wear a mask or be limited on what we do but we seem to regulate most dangerous activities. Drinking and driving, requiring shots before goto school/college, seat belts, etc.... Of course most regulations are about money let's face it... So are mask mandates and shutdowns about money (think long term) and or are they about saving people?
Lots of businesses require flu shots and their people to wear protection, OSHA although being retarded alot of times regulates work areas.
I'm not abdicating for shutdowns/limiting one way or the other as I think we don't really have a handle on what to do. I wear a mask where I feel it's needed to protect myself as alot of people are stupid and just like regular flu go out with symptoms and knowing they are sick. Who hasn't wanted to push a coworker into a wood chipper that came to work sick as hell and spread it.
Fyi i had a meltdown when they shuttered my son's school earlier this year when precautions were being taken already and not an environment where anyone is close to one another.
I'm debating starting a thread on this shutdown /mask/no mask/limits but frankly people couldn't keep it civil so what's the sense.
As for herd immunity.. That's great except I don't want to be part of that herd that gets it, I'm fuked up enough thanks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post: