View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 9:43am   #1
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 11.9%

Thanked 5,600 Times in 1,991 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default I'm now RETIRED

Tomorrow will officially by my last day at work. I will drive 115 miles to the plant in Santa Clara CA and drop off my equipment and pick up my personal items.

I started with this company in Southern CA back in 1986 when it was ACS, then Guidant, then finally Abbott. I worked specifically in the calibration department as a technician performing calibrations on a variety of different equipment. Some of it was off the shelf, while others were custom. I was then promoted several times to senior technician, supervisor, group leader where I managed 25 folks, and then finally SME (subject matter expert) for the 5 different sites we have in the world.

My decision to retire is based on several factors including turning 65 this May, and I was just getting tired of all the BS at work, so I decided to make the jump to retirement. I already have my Medicare Card so I'm also officially an old fart.

I've already been contacted by a person who wants me to do some consulting for a company with regards to Metrology (i.e. the science of measurement). I have over 45 years experience in the field of calibration and Metrology, but I may elect to lay low for a few months.

Best part of this starting tomorrow - no more alarm clock.
Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Wathen1955 For This Useful Post: