Old 11-13-2018, 9:17pm   #14
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANZ06 View Post
Sucks! The NorCal Camp fire is pretty close to our vacation property we've been working as of late. It'll be a day or so before I pull the trigger to go up and yank the 5TH wheel out of there.

So far, early on, my cousin and two friends lost everything in Paradise.

It's bad and I've been watching it on google crisis maps to see the progression.

https://google.org/crisismap/google.com/2018-camp-fire

This morning map showed it jumped the north fork of the lake toward Berry Creek (our side of the lake) Wife and I are trying to decide how close it comes before we pull the trigger to drive the 200 miles to pull out the camper. We have to be careful because if we wait to long they close the roads and we're F'd at that point...

Check the Sheriff's website or Facebook page up there. It should have a detailed list of road closures. It's really not about you taking a deadly risk. If it's not safe, you won't be able to get in there. If they still allow access, then it should be safe to go. Hell, call the Sheriff's dept and ask them about that specific area. If the area is blocked off and under evacuation and you sneak in they will arrest you. That's how these things work.

Another point here is if you are in a relatively unpopulated area, that's not where they are going to put a lot of effort into fighting the fire. I guarantee you right now most of their resources are being used to keep the fire out of Chico and Oroville.

When the Mendocino Complex fire here was finally out, I took one look at the map and said the fire stopped where the property taxes start.

If you go up there, take N95 masks and airtight goggles with you.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post: