View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:21pm   #25
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Great timing on the part of the media i.e. the Clinton campaign.

Should have been a BAD weekend for Hillary heading into the debate with the first Wikileaks release dropping. Instead it gets BURIED under this Trump story that gets released afterward.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784590390112419844

HILLARY CLINTON ADMITS SHE IS OUT OF TOUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary Clinton
"And I am not taking a position on any policy, but I do think there is a growing sense of anxiety and even anger in the country over the feeling that the game is rigged. And I never had that feeling when I was growing up . . . . And now, obviously, I'm kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy . . . ."[Hillary Clinton Remarks at Goldman-Black Rock, 2/4/14]

HILLARY CLINTON SAYS YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRIVATE AND PUBLIC POSITION ON POLICY

Quote:
"You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, 'balance' -- how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically . . . . politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way . . . . if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position . . . ." [Clinton Speech For National Multi-Housing Council, 4/24/13]

HILLARY CLINTON THINKS WALL-STREET SHOULD HELP HER AND THE GOVERNMENT FORMULATE FUTURE SPIN OF FINANCIAL DISASTERS TO ABSOLVE THEM OF BLAME

Quote:
"That was one of the reasons that I started traveling in February of '09, so people could, you know, literally yell at me for the United States and our banking system causing this everywhere. Now, that's an oversimplification we know, but it was the conventional wisdom. And I think that there's a lot that could have been avoided in terms of both misunderstanding and really politicizing what happened with greater transparency, with greater openness on all sides, you know, what happened, how did it happen, how do we prevent it from happening? You guys help us figure it out and let's make sure that we do it right this time. And I think that everybody was desperately trying to fend off the worst effects institutionally, governmentally, and there just wasn't that opportunity to try to sort this out, and that came later.” [Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]

HILLARY CLINTON SUGGESTS WALL STREET INSIDERS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO "FIX" WALL STREET

Quote:
Remember what Teddy Roosevelt did . . . he took on what he saw as the excesses in the economy, but he also stood against the excesses in politics. He didn't want to unleash a lot of nationalist, populistic reaction . . . . Today, there's more that can and should be done that really has to come from the industry itself, and how we can strengthen our economy, create more jobs at a time where that's increasingly challenging, to get back to Teddy Roosevelt's square deal. And I really believe that our country and all of you are up to that job.” [Clinton Remarks to Deutsche Bank, 10/7/14]
Quote:
People are looking back and trying to, you know, get compensation for bad mortgages and all the rest of it in some of the agreements that are being reached. There's nothing magic about regulations, too much is bad, too little is bad. How do you get to the golden key, how do we figure out what works? And the people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry . . . . We spend trillions of dollars to travel around the world, but it's in everybody's interest that we have a better frameworKk . . . in which to operate and trade.” [Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]

CLINTON ADMONISHES BANKERS WHO DONATE TO POLITICIANS TO MAKE SURE THEY GET THEIR MONEY'S WORTH

Quote:
"Running for office in our country takes a lot of money, and candidates have to go out and raise it. New York is probably the leading site for contributions for fundraising for candidates on both sides of the aisle, and it's also our economic center. And there are a lot of people here who should ask some tough questions before handing over campaign contributions . . . ."[Goldman Sachs AIMS Alternative Investments Symposium, 10/24/13]

HILLARY CLINTON ADMITS CANADIAN STYLE SINGLE PAYER = WAIT TIMES

Quote:
"If you look at the single-payer systems, like Scandinavia, Canada, and elsewhere, they can get costs down because, you know, although their care, according to statistics, overall is as good or better on primary care, in particular, they do impose things like waiting times . . . .[Hillary Clinton remarks to ECGR Grand Rapids, 6/17/13]

HILLARY CLINTON SAYS POLITICAL REALITIES PREVENT UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE, ADMITS DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO SLOWLY BUILD IT AROUND THE EMPLOYER PROVIDED SYSTEM, SAYS THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING, HOPES FOR AMERICA TO ONE DAY BE LIKE CANADA

Quote:
"With my husband's administration we worked very hard to come up with a system, but we were very much constricted by the political realities that if you had your insurance from your employer you were reluctant to try anything else. And so we were trying to build a universal system around the employer-based system. And indeed now with President Obama's legislative success in getting the Affordable Care Act passed . . . . We are still struggling. We've made a lot of progress. Ten million Americans now have insurance who didn't have it before the Affordable Care Act, and that is a great step forward. And what we're going to have to continue to do is monitor what the costs are and watch closely to see whether employers drop more people from insurance so that they go into what we call the health exchange system. So we're really just at the beginning . . . we're in a learning period as we move forward with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. And I'm hoping that whatever the shortfalls or the glitches have been . . . we can . . . keep moving forward to get to affordable universal healthcare coverage like you have here in Canada. [Clinton Speech For tinePublic – Saskatoon, CA, 1/21/15]

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails...2#searchresult
Will is offline   Reply With Quote