NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,936 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Damn Aero,

I'm not terribly far behind you.

at 5:45am Monday morning we lost power

4:00 PM Monday evening our water pressure dropped.
I cut off at the meter, drained all the lines and dropped the whole house filter.
8:30pm I was notified the water pressure drop was city water not my house freezing up, I decided to leave the pipes empty for the night.

4am I hear a very loud POP in the ceiling over the master

2pm Tuesday I thawed the frozen filter head and restored water. We had water and good pressure everywhere but the apartment over the garage had no water. (still haven't figured that one out yet) Unfortunately the loud pop was a copper pipe blowing out a 90* bend above my ceiling, so despite trying to be careful I wound up with a waterfall in my master bedroom anyways.

Tuesday afternoon pulled the ceiling down in the master, found the pipe, begged neighbor for a shower and finally sought evacuation to a coworkers house.

With the freezing rain forecast for today we didn't even go back to the house.

I have the parts to fix my copper blow out, but no solder or paste so we'll see if I can get somebody to do the fix for me.

Since I'm at a coworkers house with plenty of power and internet, I ordered a metric shit tone of piping caps and connectors for copper, CPVC and PVC. like $1700 bucks worth. Hoping I'll be able to help a few neighbors out next week.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stangkiller For This Useful Post: