View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 5:01pm   #11
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471
Default [Merged] Tim Conway passes at 85...

Comedy legend and Hollywood perennial Tim Conway has sadly passed away. The former star of the Carol Burnett Show was 85 at the time of his death. Conway succumbed to a longterm illness. The news comes from head of LaBrea Medai Howard Bragman.

Tim Conway is perhaps best known for his starring role on the sketch variety series The Carol Burnett Show. He won 4 Emmy Awards for his work on the TV comedy. He is survived by his wife of 35 years as well as his six biological children, one stepdaughter and two grandchildren.

Tim Conway appeared on The Carol Burnett Show from 1967 to 1978. The CBS series also featured such comedy luminaries as Harvey Korman, Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner. Conway first appeared on the show as a frequent guest star. He only became a main player in 1975, carrying through the show's final three years. Along with the two Emmys Conway won for The Carol Burnett Show, he also picked up two more awards for his guest appearances on Coach and 30 Rock.

Carol Burnett, of The Carol Burnett Show, had this to say after learning about the death of her friend and former co-star:

"I'm heartbroken. He was one in a million, not only as a brilliant comedian but as a loving human being. I cherish the times we had together both on the screen and off. He'll be in my heart forever."
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: