View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 12:40pm   #14
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,739 Times in 3,446 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Wow. Haven't clicked on that forum in a while. That place was reason enough to sell the Caddy wagons. V owners may actually top Vette, BMW, Mustang, and Jeep owners on the list of biggest bunch of D-bags in the car world.

The first time my (now) wife drove my old C5Z she pulled into the driveway at about 20mph, Dukes of Hazzard style and ripped half of the subframe out from underneath the car. I was just by chance in the garage when she did it and got to witness the carnage. She got out clearly upset and apologizing. She helped me fix it and we laugh about it to this day. She drove "my" 10k mile Firehawk to work the other day. If she dings it, so be it. I've dinged them myself before and I'm sure I will again. She's already fighting me to drive the "new" Blazer when we get it.

I've never understood the "I don't let my wife drive MY car" thing. The Firehawk may be "mine" but it's OURS. Just like everything else we own. It's a car. Shit happens. When it does, you fix it.

And yes at the time, it was MY C5Z as we were not married yet.

P.S. I do still have a spare brand new C5 subframe in the basement if anybody needs one.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote