Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,407 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Val and I do our part to represent the owners who drive in anger...at extremely high levels...to exploit, and share those exploits with the rest of the forum.

After 750 miles, and nearly a month of ownership, the C8 is SO FAR ahead of anything Chevy has ever produced, it's not even comparable.

I will report again, with video and observations, from actually driving in anger this weekend at the track.

Yep. You are the only 2 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Why not a purpose built race car vs new car?

I had a new Trans Am that I would take to the local drag strip and beat on Fri. nights. Then, I thought, I shouldn't really be doing this with a new car. If I really want to get into racing build a purpose built car for it.

Insurance - if I had wrecked my new T/A. Insurance wouldn't have covered it at the track.
Purpose built means every weekend in the garage fixing what you broke at the track the weekend before. Finding parts that are rare, and putting a lot of money into something that will never equal 25% of what you spent. New cars, change the brake fluid, put track pads on, throw a track alignment on it, drive it all weekend and then put it back in the garage for the next event.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post: