Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 9.7%

Thanked 33,090 Times in 14,180 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
Question 11I would come into play here on the federal firearms questionaire.
11.i - "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence? (see Instructions for Question 11.i)

i suspect that most misdemeanor crimes are not listed in a database, so they would not flag on the background check.

Instructions ....

Question 11.i. Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence: A Federal, State, local, or tribal offense that is a misdemeanor under Federal, State, or tribal law and has, as an element, the use or attempted use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabitating with, or has cohabited with the victim as a spouse, parent, or guardian, or by a person similarly situated to a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. The term includes all misdemeanors that have as an element the use or attempted use of physical force or the threatened use of a deadly weapon (e.g., assault and battery), if the offense is committed by one of the defined parties. (See Exception to 11.b. - 12.) A person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence also is not prohibited unless: (1) the person was represented by a lawyer or gave up the right to a lawyer; or (2) if the person was entitled to a jury, was tried by a jury, or gave up the right to a jury trial. Persons subject to this exception should answer "no" to 11.i.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote