DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,861 Times in 11,764 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Just when I think things are about to be over, my soon to be ex hits me with something else. Here is a little background. I gave up an active duty career so she could finish her masters and have HER career. Our marriage was never great, but I suffered through it for way too many years. We have a house that was (almost) paid for. Behind my back, she ran up 42k in credit card debt. So trying to do what I thought was the right thing, I let her get a home equity loan on said amount. I'm not on the loan, but had to sign because I was on the deed.

I also agreed to give her $750 a month in child support and we will have joint custody. My youngest son is 17. I also agreed to give her the house and the rest of the equity. Roughly 50-70k and the furniture. Also, take in mind that she makes more money than me. I also agreed to give her 30% of my .mil retirement, and this morning, she says she wants 50%. I just sort of wanted to take my stuff and leave, but she keeps wanting to gut me. I already agreed to sign off on taking me off the deed, and giving her the house, but this is a deal breaker. The finance company is badgering me, but I have not signed any paperwork. I have also continued to pay her car insurance, but that ends as of today. I may have been one shitty husband, but no way in hell do I deserve what she is trying to put me through. I am about to the end of my rope...
HAte to say this, but if you were married for 10+ years while on AD, then she IS entitled to 50% of your retirement and nothing more. It's pro-rated for anything less than 10%

And if you do get disability through the Va, she is not entitled to any of that by law, too.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote