Old 04-13-2021, 10:10am   #21
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 9,002 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
Baron, my 125lbs body builder shepherd. That's what a friend of mine called him. Went the same way. At the end I had to carry him everywhere or he'd drag his back legs bloody. I knew it was coming but I was avoiding it. 911 happened and I had to deploy, which meant I had to put him down, no one else could carry him and I'd be away a longtime. When we took him the whole family held him as he slipped away. Even the vet had tears in her eyes. There are still tears in my eyes.

I'm so sorry for what you'll be going through.
Thanks, y'all. Nobody even mentioned the damn good photo

She is number 9. She holds the longest life record of all our GSD's. Overall she has been healthy and happy. She is one of the most loving dogs I've ever seen (my first and only female) - at the same time, fierce as ****.

She is thin but has a long coat with a black undercoat. So when she is fired up, she expands to about twice her size. And she isn't bluffing.

Shadow outweighs her by 50 lbs easy. She brutalizes him sometimes to the point where I hold her back when tossing the ball for them both. She will bite his front legs out from under him, roll him over and take the toy out of his mouth - at full gait.

When Shadow isn't bringing the toy back (10%)- I release her like a black missile and she chases his ass down and brings it right to me 100% of the time. She sees her coming and drops the toy and runs away.

Intelligent, loyal, consistent - she is everything a GSD should be. She is quite a head turner out in public and luckily loves people. She is probably the snuggliest dog I've ever had (our GSD's might snuggle for 3 minutes - then they are like "WTF?" and they move back to the edge of the room staring at you.)

Her biggest flaw from the breed standard is she has zero idea what "aloof" means. She flops on her back for anyone she meets. Like the Vice President.

Of course, we'll do the right thing. We lost Django to this terrible disease at age 10. I'm always with them right to the last breath whispering in their ear how they are OK and I'm here. Always in my arms when they pass.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: