mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default ATI Performance Products.....

Out of Baltimore Md.....anyone do business with them???

Seems the owner I used to know, Jim Beatti is either retired or passed on, as a video on the company web site with his ~35 y/o son is no mention of him, but the kid's mom still shows up in the offices....

the company started up in Silver Spring Md, about 15 minits from where I used to live, rebuilding automatic transmissions, and beefing them up for drag racing.....

they rebuilt maybe 5 trans for me over some years, and one time I went into his shop, waiting room full of customers, he/the old man, recognized me and I loudly asked if he would warranty a trans that after some 8 years and 150k miles, that it didn't BANG second gear hard as it used to......

the entire shop/waiting room/staff cracked up laughing, as I caught him flat footed.....

the company has obviously prospered to the point of even having a plane they would flip parts to racers all over the nation, when they really needed them.....

I posted to the current owner who made the company video and told him I was an olde tyme customer from way back, and called my oldest buddy to discuss the chance encounter on FB with the group/company....

looking back, I should have gone into work for his father, long ago, been more fun ......
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote