Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 21,146 Times in 8,341 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
Schlumberger or somewhere else?
The internship with Schlumberger fell through, for obvious reasons...they are collapsing from withing due to the price of oil and COVID-19.

I don't suspect she'll go there, but she has many options. She truly loves the Salesforce ecosystem and will likely pursue that path despite her engineering degree. She already has numerous Salesforce certifications and is a natural in it due to her extensive (6+ year) background in the platform she used to build the Schlumberger solution.

She's interning this summer with the company I work for and has been stellar. Based on her performance, she will most definitely get an offer, but she's also hedging her bets (for comp comparison) by applying to the bigs (Deloitte, Accenture, IBM, ...) in the same space. I do think she'll wing it and apply with Cummins Turbo too. She does truly love the remote work option, and this career path certainly supports that.

Just like dad (degree in accounting), GWiz (degree in mechanical engineering), she will quite likely get into building software.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: