View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 7:31pm   #1
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471
Default One of the best Rock Bands ever....

In 1964 and 1965, this this group from Tottemham, North London, spotted the Beatles song-for-song. They appeared on the influential Ed Sullivan Show a record-breaking 18 times between 1964 and 1968 and had 17 hits on the Billboard Top 40.

“Their music reverberated, primarily because it was percussion-based, which was both original and distinctive,” remarked Bruce Springsteen in 2014. “For kids like me, their recordings were like instant adrenaline shots.”

And, as Paul McCartney once commented, “We all should have all taken business lessons from Dave. John and I lost millions and millions of pounds because of our mismanagement. Dave Clark never did. He got it when none of us cared.”

Paul McCartney also called “Because” a “daunting song to match if you happened to be in the rival band. Those blokes threw everything they had into that one.” Brian Wilson recently called “’Because’ one of the two or three best songs that were recorded in 1964.” Throughout that summer, this gorgeous single dominated the radio waves on both sides of the Atlantic, reaching number one in North America by the Fourth of July. Hearing it all these years years later, you realize that such indelible musical memories still beat inside of you like a second heart.

Here is "Because" by the Dave Clark Five:

And my favorite, "Glad All Over":
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: