Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
About two years ago I had six inches of small bowel cut out. (Possibly yanked out). Due to some butchery, I have had three corrective surgeries since. For the last six months I’ve had bad abdominal pain which I thought was just my illness going nuts. Mostly abdominal pressure.

Turns out my bladder isn’t emptying. Now my kidneys are in stage 1 failure. Waiting for surgery scheduler trying to avoid ER. Believe it or not, it’s an outpatient thing but comes with four days of brutal recovery with Foley catheter.

I’ll go to the ER if I have to, but that is what precipated the living hell I went through last time. I don’t want a general surgeon anywhere near me.

I’m stable for now. My kidneys are hurting. I don’t know when they will schedule so my life is on hold. I had to postpone my chemo on Wednesday. I’m also anemic so I was going to get iron infusion too. Now I don’t know when.

Wife is terrified but not as much as me.

Just whining. at the same time, I’m ready to do anything to lose this pain. After six months of 24/7 it is wearing me down.

Pisses me off (pun not intended) that none of my doctors caught this sooner. They get too focused on the primary disease state. This is how a lot of people with chronic illness die.

I bet I won’t though.
Pete, get some quotes. If you can rustle up all the parts and materials, I'll do it for 50% off.

Oh, and during the month of September, we're doing a special on replacement kidneys... your second kidney is free.

Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post: