View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 7:20am   #11
paulp
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $992

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SlowZ06 View Post
I meant the oil. Before you start tearing anything apart you need to find out where the noise is coming from. I can not see the video but a tick can come from dozens of things. First figure out where EXACTLY the sound is coming from. Then go over the side/area for anything loose missing or making contact with something it shouldn't. If you can pin point it is under a valve cover only pop that cover. If its to hard to tell get a mech stethescope to assist you.

Check the bolts on the headers, vaccuum lines, everything. You dont want to get into a huge shop bill or parts bill until you are positive it is needed.
yea i've pinpointed the sound to be coming from the drivers side number 3 cylinder using the mech stethescope. I've checked all the exhaust manifold bolts, spark plugs, i've pulled the valve covers off didnt see anything visually. Have not ran the car with the valve cover off. I've been thinking about it and i'll prob end up doing the work myself and using the extra money i would of used for shop labor for some upgrades while its apart.