View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:37pm   #5
paulp
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $992

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SlowZ06 View Post
I missed the storm. I am in Iraq right now. The barn is one of the only public sites I can visit in my down time.

What oil did you put in it? Did you notice anything wierd in the used oil? What is the current oil level?

Its odd that it would show up almost over night with nothing more then an oil change.
i went back with 5w30 mob 1 full syn and a k&n filter which was on the car. current oil level is at the full mark and only thing i noticed when i changed the oil was on the magnetic drain plug what looked like anti seize when wiped on a rag. I didnt notice any sounds right after the oil change when i started it and let it run for a few minutes to get the pressure up and warmed up. After that the car sat for a week and then i was driving it to work i noticed the sound like in the video. It has good steady oil pressure at idle, no miss that i can tell with it being cammed. It's pretty much just sat since i noticed the sound, i go out every now and then and start it and the sound is still there. My guess its just a lifter that decided to take a dump on me.