kylebuck
Barn Stall Owner #47
Barn Raising I,II
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,410 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1098639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Actually, had you read the other articles I posted in this thread, you would have seen many people with degrees - like you are trying to get - end up working at these plants because they can't get hired in their area of expertise.

Although it appears it doesn't take "rocket surgery" to get a degree either.

You may very well find yourself in their position one day. There is a proverb about walking a mile in a man's shoes. Hope you never have to walk in one of these guys shoes.
I have invested a lot of time in my own human capital. In this right to work state of Louisiana , I have welded in ship yards, mowed grass, and I am currently employed at a retail job. So as far as working this shit jobs that dont pay money, I make less than 30k a year at my current job. Gasp. They actually make more money than I do.
Also in my original post where did I ever mention a degree? I said Human capital. Which is any type of knowledge that makes a person more valuable than someone else in a skilled position. These people may have degrees in political science and general studies. Congrats worthless degrees. So dont get a degree that is not useful in the real world.
kylebuck is offline   Reply With Quote