View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 11:43am   #55
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342
Default Do you consider yourself an automotive guy/girl....

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
because you are on a car forum?
Yes, but not because I’m on a car forum...that all came much later...

Dad was a big drag-racer/motocross-racer and overall gear-head...he had a ‘67 ‘vert (Marina Blue ext/white int) that he did a total frame-off resto on. We lived in a very car-centric/car enthusiast-friendly neighborhood, so he built a detached garage especially for that project I remember as a kid seeing this vette in various parts all scattered across the garage floor (for the first time saw what a transmission looked like out of the car)...and at one point helping by pressing the pedals while he worked on the linkages (that I could barely reach).

That car is long gone (still unhappy about that), but he bought an ‘87 yellow coupe after that one...which was the first vette I actually drove. Got my own after that and got a second one also...still have them both. Have done my own fair share of drag and circuit track racing as well. I’m not a master mechanic by any means but am car-literate/can troubleshoot some issues/perform some basic repairs...am grateful to have a super-knowledgeable friend with a lift in his garage also.

The daily is German and under warranty...and is gotten rid of as soon as it’s out I need at least one car that I do nothing to. Two continual project cars are plenty for me although I would like to experience some of the exotics someday.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: