Old 01-21-2013, 6:44am   #1
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 15.5%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,195 Times in 5,380 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256
Default [BRIII attendees...Please Step In] Time to vote on the activities...

Ok...

Thank you, to everyone that made suggestions for new activities for BRIII. We're asking everyone to look at the activities listed in the poll and choose the things you would definitely attend or participate in, if they were on the agenda. This is a multiple choice poll...please vote for your top 6-7 choices.

I know, I know. There are A LOT of details listed below. But this is going to be the decider on what things we will remove and/or add to this year's schedule. We'd like as much participation in this poll as possible, but please only vote for the things that you have a serious interest in attending.

One small detail: A lot of people will be bringing their SO to BG - and they may not necessarily be registered here. If they're not registered, we obviously can't tally up the activities that they'd like to attend via this poll. However, we'd still like to know what they'd like to attend, so we can get a somewhat accurate head count. You can post that info up in this thread.

REGARDING THE MAKER'S MARK TOUR VERSUS THE JIM BEAM AMERICAN STILLHOUSE TOUR: If you've been on the Maker's mark tour before and would like to try something new, this is an alternative that was suggested in the previous thread. Distance is about the same from BG as MM. While I was doing some research, I found out that they just redid the grounds a few months ago. See Black94lt1's review here: https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/777868-post133.html

Anyhow, I tried to do as much research as possible on the things that everyone suggested. I've listed just about everything below, with a short description. Hopefully, this will help as everyone makes their decisions. I think that I included the location for any of the activities that may have a (somewhat) long drive - just so everyone is aware.
  1. VB People’s Choice Car Show
    Duration: 4 hours
    Sponsored by the NCM and held in the NCM lot.
    Awards include: Best of Show, NCM Director’s choice, generation awards.
  2. Detailing Seminar
    Duration: 2 hours
    Class given by Marcus
    Will be held in the Hampton parking lot.
  3. Yazoo Brewery Road Tour & Lunch
    Duration: 5.5 hours (total for round trip drive, tour and lunch)
    Located in Nashville.
    Lunch will be arranged and will be pay at the door.
  4. Poker Run
    Duration: 2 hours
    Instructions and first clue at NCM registration desk.
    Stops are local in Bowling Green area.
  5. Spa Session at Spa Fabulous
    Duration: 3 hours
    Includes 1/2 hour chair massage, manicure and pedicure.
    Pricing TBD, but will likely be close to last year's price. I believe it was a manicure, pedicure and 30 minute chair massage for $70.00
  6. Jim Beam Tour - American Stillhouse
    Duration: Estimated 6-7 hours (total for round trip drive, tour and lunch)
    Stillhouse just redone late 2012. New buildings now open, as well.
    Located in Clermont, KY
    Fee is $8.00 for the tour
    I have a call out to them to find out if there is a place on the property to buy lunch. Also, Stephanie (NCM) is also looking into whether or not they have any previous contact/planning with them, in the event we want to plan a tour.
  7. Makers Mark Road Tour and Lunch
    Duration: 7 hours (total for round trip drive, tour and lunch)
    Located in Loretto, KY
    The tour and bourbon tasting is $7 per adult. There is no charge for active duty military with an ID.
    Lunch at Makers Mark (Pay on your own, separate from the tour fee.)
  8. Kenny’s Cheese Road Tour and Lunch
    Duration: 5 hours (total for round trip drive, tour and lunch)
    Visit to Kenny’s Cheese
    Lunch at Barren River Lodge
    Tour fee was $18
  9. Autocross
    Duration: 4 hours
    Held at a location specified by the NCM.
    Run by volunteers designated by the NCM.
  10. Civil War Digital Scavenger Hunt
    Duration: 3 hours
    Instructions and guide sheet at the NCM registration desk
    Tour of Civil War sites in the Bowling Green area
  11. Golf Cart Autocross
    Duration: 1 hour
    Use NCM race prepared B-P 66 Corvette Golf Cart
    2-person teams
    Driver is blindfolded with Navigator giving directions
    Prize for best time
    Held on the NCM front lawn
  12. Mammoth Cave Tour
    Duration: Estimated at 4 hours, depending on which tour the group decides on (if there is enough interest)
  13. White Castle Kitchen Tour
    Duration: Estimated at 1 hour
    Owner has not yet committed to allowing it, if there is interest.
  14. Country Music Hall of Fame
    Duration: Estimated 6 hours (total for round trip drive, tour and lunch)
    Located in Nashville, TN
    Website advises tour takes about 2 hours.
    Tour packages starting at $24.00/person
    Minimum packages include: Admission to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the Celebrity Audio Tour, which is a guided audio tour by artists such as Vince Gill, Dolly Parton, Charlie Daniels and Bill Cody, WSM radio personality and GAC Master Series host.
  15. Golf Tournament
    This will be organized by Sneaks, but he will need to have a general idea of how many are interested.
  16. Gun range
    If there is enough interest, we will find a range fairly local to BG.
  17. Bowling
    If there is enough interest, we will find a bowling alley fairly local to BG.
  18. Curling
    Yep, there's a curling rink (is that what they call it...???) local to BG. In speaking with the manager, they generally only have classes during the week. However, they may be willing to schedule something for the weekend, if we could guarantee a minimum head count.
    Pricing is TBD, as it will depend on duration of the class (they're decision) and head count.

Here are a list of items, which are not included in the poll. They're not included because they are either things that take place in the evening at the hotel (simply put on the 'official' agenda, as notification that they are taking place). Since they're noted on the schedule for notification purposes only, we don't need a participation count.
  • GRN ENVY Car Wash
  • Evening Poker Tournament at Hampton
  • Beer Pong Tournament at Hampton
  • 50/50 drawing for the NCM
  • Dunk Tank with proceeds to NCM (depends on availability and cost of dunk tank in BG area)
  • White Castle Burger eating contest

Also, just FYI, beadist will be setting aside time on Thursday and Friday to taking pictures with folks and their cars in front of the NCM. I'll put that on the NCM schedule as notification. Since she has so graciously committed to doing this already, I didn't include it in the poll.

These are things we've already ruled out. Reasons listed:
  • Nelson's Green Brier Distillery
    This is a fairly new establishment. Their tours are not quite up and running. We will probably have a better experience with this if we wait until 2014.
  • Masseuse available Wednesday/Thursday afternoon for chair massages in lobby
    I did some initial calling around. Not many places have showed an interest in sending over a massage therapist without having a firm number of participants and a set schedule. They don't want cmmit their therapist(s) to us for a chunk of time, only to have them standing around earning nothing. This is understandable. Unfortunately, so many things can happen (with schedules/timing) when people are driving or flying in, there's really no way for me to guarantee them a minimum count of customers.
    My suggestion is this: Anyone that thinks they would like a massage simply should participate in the spa day. (No, it's not gay.) You can get a chair massage or upgrade to a full massage, if you would like.
  • Day trip for rafting/kayaking/zipline or Green River canoe and kayak
    These activities can be found near Mammoth Cave. However, the expense and timing of the activities and classes make it difficult to plan for a large group. Therefore, I'll leave it off the agenda and allow individuals to decide if they'd like to do this on their own.
    There are several companies that offer classes in ziplining, etc. One company that offers these activities can be found here: Mammoth Cave Adventures If you do a google search, there are several options.
  • Opryland and shops/Chuy's
    I tried to research more about Opryland, but all the sites I've visited say it closed in 1997...???
  • Shaker village
    This looks like an awesome place to visit. Unfortunately, its about a 150 mile drive (one way) from BG (located in Harrodsburg, KY). That's about a 2.5 hour drive one way, assuming no traffic. A five hour round trip drive may be pushing the limits, especially for those that are already making a long drive to BRIII.

Last edited by NEED-A-VETTE; 01-21-2013 at 7:35am.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post: