Old 03-27-2024, 5:05pm   #122
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,677 Times in 2,752 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
That stuff gets good ratings because it has some oil in it and no alcohol...so carburetors don't fizz into white corrosion and fuel systems don't rust and degrade. Ethanol alcohol is the government's back door tactic of getting older carbureted cars, trucks, and equipment off the road and out of service. No different than ammunition or magazine restrictions. Insidious, and, inherently evil.
It's not just regular gasoline. Smells different in the tank and out the exhaust pipe.

A friend of mine called me a couple months back to help him with a friend of his and a snow thrower that wouldn't run. "He's got every tool you can think of." So I only brought my waste fluid vacuum and a can of TruFuel. He had E15 in it and hadn't started it in two years. I vacuumed out the old fuel, poured in a half-gallon of TruFuel, ran it through the filter and carburetor- would not start.

The guy had some screwdrivers and hammers, and some rusty wrenches. No spark plug socket. I did not have tools with me to check the plug, so told him to get the machine over to my house where I keep my (actual) tools.

A week later I got a call. "He tried it again and it started right up." Apparently the TruFuel had dissolved the varnish in the carb jet and solved the issue.

I used to drain all my equipment at end of season when I used regular gas with Stabil. Now I just leave the TruFuel in it. My 20 year old mower will start on the second pull next month, guaranteed.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote