Old 09-26-2013, 11:16pm   #83
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
The government is never going to force churches (that are opposed to gay marriage) to perform ceremonies. No matter who may want that to be the case, it's just not going to happen. It's just not.

And here's a shocker: the average person in the LGBT community doesn't even want churches to be forced to do this. The people protesting on television are not representative of the average gay person. They're just not. It's like saying that the Westboro Baptist Church is representative of all Christians.

My daughter got married through the County of Los Angeles. However, there are churches here that would have performed the ceremony, if they had wanted to go that route.

My daughter, btw, was baptized and raised Lutheran. She struggled with her decision to come out and had many conversations with our Pastor.

They are not in-your-face, militant lesbians. The most you'll see her and her wife (Andrea) do in public is hold hands. And yet, despite the fact that they're minding their own business, they've had multiple 'Christians' scream at them, insult them, cuss them out, etc. In the name of Jesus. *blank stare*

One woman - here in California - spit in my DIL's face. Walked right up to her and - without saying a word - spit in her face. Right in front if me. We were buying a coffee, just talking amongst ourselves. I have a high tolerance for bullshit, but I'll tell you this...the bitch wasn't as tough as she thought she was. I'm not proud of it, but I lost my temper. Few things are as insulting as spitting in someone's face. Especially when it's your child.

Until you spend time with a gay or lesbian couple on a regular basis, you will never see the things that our fellow 'Christians' do on an almost daily basis. Unprovoked. Everyday.
Congratulations to your daughter on her wedding! I wish them a lifetime of happiness.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote