Old 10-01-2022, 11:29am   #123
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,526 Times in 2,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
I was looking at Sprinter vans this past year and was tempted to pull the trigger on a perfectly set up (for me) MBZ 4x4 turbo diesel. It was about 3 years old with 70k miles, and was around 50k, which was about 1/3 what it cost new. All the comforts. The only issue was lack of ground clearance, long wheelbase, and not enough low range. I ended up building a storage cabinet/sleeping platform/kitchen in the back of my '05 Tundra 4x4, which has a hard camper shell, effectively low 4 wheel drive, good ground clearance, and is trail rated. I do a lot of remote stuff in the deserts and need to be able to get in and out more than I need an electric blender. Maybe in 10 years when I'm slowing down I'll spring for an RV or trailer....or just do the hotel thing and not worry about 'roughing it'. Sprinter vans are cool and have their place, for sure. (Like going to Bonneville Speed Week, etc. )
Baby Doll was talking this up about a year ago until I talked some sense into her. "Camping" to her is is a one bathroom condo.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote