Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 33,024 Times in 14,164 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

just took an hour long morning walk, first time i've done that in many weeks. gets my steps in, maybe work off a few Oreos

and i'm thinking as a I walk along, i now better understand my Dad's deep grief in late 2020 when mom passed away.

and then i thought about the book of Job.

for those who know it, this is a quick recap, for those who don't, you might gain something from reading later.

Satan tells God that Job is only faithful to God because God has blessed him so abundantly. Satan says, stop blessing him and he'll curse God.

God says, ok, you may afflict him however you wish, but you cannot injure him directly.

Satan does. and he destroys all Job's wealth, and then he kills off Job's family.

and still, Job does not curse God.

So Satan returns, and says, yeah, but let me afflict his body and we'll see what happens.

God replies, fine, but you may not kill him.

And Job suffers many afflictions.

and then for many chapters, his three idiot friends try to tell him that the reason he's suffering is that he has hidden sin.

Finally, Job learns that God does whatever He wishes, he never curses God, and in the end, Job gets another family, gets back 2x his wealth, and dies a very old man.

So, we may not always understand the plan of God day to day, but we know that He will never leave us nor forsake us, we just need to trust that we're in his care until the end.

end of mini-sermon.

DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: