NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 32,997 Times in 14,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
Doug,
I just got back on the computer after trying to get settled into the new house. I am so sorry for your loss. When my wife and I were married, the justice of the peace did the ceremony. It was the most touching sermon I've ever heard in my life. He spoke of how the Indians envisioned the wedding ring as the circle of life and how our two souls were joined in that ring. My friend who was taking the video messed up and didn't record it, I wish he would have.
Wednesday the 26th, she needed a fairly invasive procedure to drain fluid from around one lung and her heart. Estimated to be 4 hours. So all the docs and nurses and other folks gather around her bed, I’m still standing nearby to reassure her. I’m looking at her, not them. And a hand reached out towards me, “ here sir”. He had taken off her wedding ring and handed it to me. A rather standard thing.

I held it tight and added it to a gold necklace I wear. I told her after the operation that I’d put it back on her when she got out of the ICU.

It has never left my neck. And my wedding ring (they were a matched set from Tiffany) is still on my finger.

I may remove it someday.

DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: