Old 06-13-2013, 2:17pm   #49
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 23.0%

Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,562 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Nice!... What was your gasoline cost on this trip? I have work back east once a month- Maybe I could drive out one time just for fun.

No idea, the new GPS is a "smart GPS", but the eco application connects to the OBD2....Betty Boop is not OBD2. The old GPS was great, I could input the price, and amount everytime I filled up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
NICE!

Curious: how do you plan these trips or is it fly by the seat of your pants (i.e. you plan for a spot, then decide to follow this highway)? Those are some great pics of Canada.
Normally I shoot from the hip, like the Niagara Falls, and Gettysburg one... I would be on the freeway, and ask myself "what's next?"

This trip was initially planned for three Vettes to go to the Coca-Cola 600. Tail of The Dragon was my idea, after the NASCAR race the plan was to drive to Little Bighorn, Canada, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helen and back to California. Monday after the race we split because we had different ideas.

I drove to Florida, then realized I had nowhere to be, and drove north. To vist the Jack Daniels Distillery sounded like a great idea! I already had my passport with me, so I decided to go solo up to the Rockies. The tornado/storm made me drive thru those states FAST, and almost took a detour. You already seen the photos, that was some scary weather there. The only time I've seen the sky like that was in the news, and the movies.

Once I passed the storm front in Kansas, I started to search for attractions in the GPS. The first one was the Wizard of OZ, Eisenhower, and after that one there was nothing up there. There was a mammoth skeleton around 200 miles from Highway 14 in South Dakota, and Yellowstone. I chose to go north towards Canada. The Crown Royal Distillery was too far into Canada, and I hope to visit that one sometime in the future.

On my way down, I almost go to Mt. Rainier, but you can see that big monster from the freeway, and I took a photo from St. Helen's helo ride. By the time I got to the end of the 504 Hwy/St. Helens I was burnt out.

I'm already brain storming the next one.

Here are the last set. Mount St. Helens

They believe the rock on that lake (formed after the eruption) was St. Helen's hilltop
PLRX is online now   Reply With Quote