View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 1:25pm   #68
leec4ce
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I'll never understand people that buy car insurance because it is mandated by law & you can be fined & your driver's license revoked for not having it, but balk at the very same thing for health care. I'll never understand people that would seek to keep the USA from having health care for all citizens when the rest of the civilized world has had it for decades. even in a pizz ant nation like Cuba you are covered as a citizen. I'll never understand people who support the biggest monopoly of our time & it's glaring "in your face" raising of prices & cutting benefits & out right canceling of policies for things like "too fat....too skinny...too short" blah blah. I'll never understand people that can watch their health care costs go up & benefits decline year after year as CEO salaries rise alarmingly. the CEO of my insurance company [United Health Care] made $2,000 a minute last year. I mean, is it a wonder our plans are skyrocketing?? I guess I understand why you are opposed to health care reform. you are in the insurance biz.
Your talking points are old and no good.

If I choose not to drive or own a car then car insurance is not mandated. Under health care reform I will be required/mandated to have health insurance I no longer have a right to chose. Health care for all would be fine only one of many problems is not all pay for their health care so big government got to have more revenue to support all means$2000 minute CEO tax bill just went up. And don’t give me the under $250K your bill will be cut BS.

If you’re going to reform health care reform the damn system. Start by questioning who is setting guidelines/medical standards. Why has the diabetes threshold numbers been reduced? Could big pharmacy lobbied for the reduction to sell more drugs….. Just saying