Old 06-21-2021, 6:08pm   #18
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 View Post
First saw her a couple of decades ago after she and the band made a nonstop Texas to Califonia drive to open for Simon Townshend at a tiny club in LA. They were all exhausted, but what an amazing show! Before leaving California I managed to see mst of her SoCal gigs, then heard she got married to AWB and didn't see any more gigs booked. Wasn't surprsied to see whom she is touring with these days when I checked out her website recently. She should be much more famous than she is! I need to catch up on buying a few albums, but her website has no page or links to do so....!

Can't remember her former guitarist's name, but he was way into Wes Montgomery. Wonder if he is still out there making music.....
She is hard core on touring because that’s really the only way to make tens of dollars playing blues. I’m hoping she might be in town when we have a date booked. We are now booking well into next year at the Saxon.

I feel like it’s a great privilege to perform there. It’s hard to explain. One doesn’t just saunter into Austin and play there. To be booked for a year is a hell of a validation. Especially since I don’t have a band.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: