View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 12:48pm   #8
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Just. Wow. We sold the joint out. People were going nuts. The band was like a careening train of swing. It had a feel like at any moment it was going to derail - but it doesn't. It felt like both the band and the audience were like "**** it. COVID is over. Let's go for it!"

We played up the "unprepared band" thing. I literally take a seat on the stage and wing it.

I did the 'ol magician thing "Mr. Floyd, have we ever met before this night?" He says "Nope". "Ms. Shore, have we ever met or spoken before this night?" She says "Nope".

"Ladies and gentlemen, I just met these musicians 30 minutes ago an we will now proceed to amaze and amuse you with spirited musical congress right before your very eyes..."

I also locked myself out of my van after loading it at my house before the show. (I told the crowd this story...). We have only one key set.

I freaked. All my gear was in the van. I thought "Who do we know that can break into a van?"

Then I instantly realized: "My neighbor." So we called Michael. We were on our way in eight minutes.

What a crazy night.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5811.jpg  

SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: