Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 1,819 Times in 959 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5504001

Yes and in my opinion not worth the money. I'm currently testing the following products all have their pros and cons, but half the price of Hydrosilex.

Ive been using Adam's and Gyeon for the past year, the Sonax I'm only used once so Initial impressions haven't been established:

Adam's H2O guard and gloss
Easy to apply, applies on a wet car, spray on wipe with micro fiber, then buff with second clean and dry Microfiber. Longevity isnt the best, it if you use it every wash you should have no issues. It does leave a deep wet shine. Really makes the paint pop.

Gyeon Wet Coat
By far the easiest to apply, cool wet car spray on, and rinse off. Best to use with some pressure behind it. This does take some finesse in very humid or hot climates, it can streak, especially if it dries before rinsing. I always find it best to dry with a quick detailed after applying. It helps to remove any dried material or streaks. Longevity for this products seems to be right around 3 months, this is in South Florida where it rains every day and it's the upper 90s most of the year. Hydrophobic and self cleaning properties, this helps bead the water and dirt right off. I can go about 5 to 7 days of driving in the rain before the first starts to stick to the paint.

Sonax Spray and seal.
Initial application is spray on rinse off, same as the above gyeon. Not sure of longevity, brand states around 6 months. But so does Gyeon above. I'm expecting similar results. This did leave a slight haze after drying so needed to follow up with a damp microfiber to wipe off the haze. Sonax also seemed to have to really be heavy handed with the spray, as Gyeon is a few mists a panel.

Time will tell. Hope that gave you some insight of what is out there. There are a few other brands that are entering the spray on coating market. I'm waiting on some opinions from detail friends who are in the business.
GRN ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRN ENVY For This Useful Post: