Old 01-21-2012, 11:22pm   #6
Frizlefrak
Barn Stall Owner #46
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4309769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Looks pretty good to me, I've done rebuilds on much worse looking Mustang engines. Also, that C4 can be replaced pretty cheap if necessary. They are a pretty simple rebuild as well.

Are you going to have the block and heads machined and rebuild it yourself?
That's the route I'm going to take Jon....I'll send the block off when I get a chance, and once they give me the green light that all is OK, I'll have them bore the block, install the cam bearings, polish the crank, mount the new pistons on the rods, recondition the heads, and send it home where I'll finish it up.

I know this engine has been gone through before, and I don't think it got a ton of miles afterward. I was really surprised how good it looked inside.

The C4 will go off to SW Gear. Bob quoted me $550 to rebuild the trans and the torque converter. He's done a lot of work for me in the past, he'll do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
I dont see the "Payaso" approval but, looks good Friz.

I do know the aftermarket for those bad boys is extraordinary!
No contesta del Payaso

And I'm just doing a stock build on it. I've been down the hotrodding road tooooo many times, and I know how slippery that slope is. This car will never see the track....I'll take cheap and reliable, and leave fast for the young guys.
Frizlefrak is offline   Reply With Quote