Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Video good. Music sorta gay.

Bird is beautiful. How do you find them?
"Sorta" gay? It's terrible. It came with Premiere. Every time you use something even somewhat well known YouTube sends you a cease and desist.

Finding them is another matter. These two videos are the same location which just so happens to be the MN DNR Eagle Cam Nest spot. Local photographers are pretty good about sharing locations but there is somewhat of an informal vetting process. I've met plenty of shooters I'd never share a nest location with because they're ****ing douchbags that'd disturb the birds for a damn photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Wow, incredible to watch. What did you use to shoot these? 1080 or 4k and FPS?

4k @ 30 FPS. I can crop 4k a bit more readily than 1080. I save the file as 1080 however. Canon is releasing a new body that shoots 8k and I'm taking a serious look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlack View Post
I've never captured any usable video with my 5D3. It's supposed to be very capable but I'm not.

Good stuff, Thomas. Are you used your big lens?
Yes, and it's not exactly ideal. Because the field of view is so narrow even the slightest breeze will give you camera shake. And turning off IS is an absolute must. I've got my Custom Camera Functions programmed specifically for video so I can switch back and forth without adjusting settings. It helps. A LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubSmurf View Post
Gorgeous bird, leave the cheesy transitions out of the video

Old tip I was given long ago, zoom with your feet and not your lens (when able) for more stable footage.
The first video (No sound) probably does have too many transitions I agree.

You don't zoom with your feet when shooting Bald Eagles. Not with any degree of success anyway. If you're getting so close you are the reason they're flying away you're too close.

I really did start from absolute scratch learning this, I didn't even understand the language. I have a LONG way to go but I can at least grab some short video now and process it.

Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post: