Defib1961
Barn Stall Owner #23
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,881 Times in 2,031 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $144580

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
There, fixed it....tired of the PC, especially in this case....

AND watch the bastard beat the case through delays, hearings, trials, BS and drag it out for decades on our dime....

while the lawyers get job justification and WE pay to make super duper sure that bastard is guilty......and watch him duck out on a 'mental ' plea....

yeh, right.....trial in a month, to last a couple days, out back and shot in a day or two.....

this BS about MENTAL defense is just THAT, a NO GO in the court of common sense.....

Our station is located about 400 yards from where this guy is housed. Each time we have to respond to the jail, we walk right past Eddie Ray Routh's cell. He is of course locked up behind two doors and we rarely see or hear him. All the deputies I know as well as the jailers all say he is perfectly aware of what he did and hasn't denied anything.

From what I have been told, he will be convicted, 99.9% chance of it. The main question, will the punishment fit the crime. When he was first incarcerated, he would refuse to take any of his meds and the guy was a real basket case. Knowing what he had done was a major factor. Back on his meds now, he is a calmer person but anyone that comes in contact with him is instantly on edge as to be expected.

From what I understand, asking for the death penalty was ruled out because it was felt an insanity plea would defeat it. He will get life, I am just not real sure he deserves that much consideration.
Defib1961 is offline   Reply With Quote