Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Why is everyone so opposed to additional registration or traceability? Nobody is advocating taking away your rights. Is it the slippery slope thing? You're told you SHALL wear a seat belt, a helmet, where's the public outcry for that?
We already have traceability - for law-abiding citizens. For handguns anyway. Do you want shotguns to have serial numbers on each pellet? How about a different elemental compound used for each pellet? The sheriff has my fingerprints on file now. Your random bad guy? Probably not.

Quote:
How does this infringe on your rights?
You know, there's a lot of speech I find offensive. I'd like to put some strict laws in place to restrict the use of such speech. I'm sure you'll be fine with that, I mean, how does that infringe on your rights? Unless this is Animal Farm and some constitutional rights are more equal than others.

Quote:
Like your automobile. How does this infringe on your rights?
How about we have laws where if your gun is stolen and used in a crime, you're executed? That would really really really help! And it barely infringes at all! If you report a stolen gun, you have your right hand cut off. Barely infringy! What extra laws, in CT, would have stopped that psychopath from stealing his mother's very extremely legal handguns? Believe me, any that would would be very infringilicious on law-abiding citizens. Perhaps you'd like to force private citizens to be subject to random inspections in their homes? Drug tested? Please, do tell.

Quote:
Stiffer sentences for crimes where a gun was fired. We crucify drunk drivers these days, what the difference?
There are already mandatory sentencing guidelines for violent crime that involves the use of a deadly weapon. Really takes a bite out of crime, right? I'm sure you don't believe that capital punishment isn't a deterrent to your average murderer. This is different how?

This would make it so incredibly dangerous for a CCW holder to actually use his weapon when it is needed most. If any T isn't crossed or I dotted, he'd be looking at a hard 20. Yeah...
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: