Old 03-17-2024, 9:40am   #32
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,948 Times in 4,153 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
If this was for me, I have no problem doing that, my problem is starting it! (Other 2 stroke tools also)

I have a shoulder that needs surgery. I have always started by holding the saw in left hand (side with bad shoulder) and using my right to pull start.
I know thats not the recommended method but I have done it that way all my life, old/bad habits are hard to fix!

My hope is to get by as best I can and not have the surgery. At my age I realy do not want the kind of surgery
When I had rotator cuff pain in early 2021, I could barely function much less run a chain saw. But as time went on, and I did PT, my shoulder started improving.

In August-September no way could I start the saw. I'd put my foot across the lower handle and pull with both hands, but couldn't summon enough power to even pull past one compression. But once we got into October, I could start it fine as the shoulder problem had mostly gone away.

Home PT, every 2-3 days, helped more than anything. And now, when I feel a bit of pain coming, I'll do them again but it often goes maybe 3 weeks before I need it.

Good luck, old timer!
Bruze is online now   Reply With Quote