Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 4.3%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,187 Times in 4,361 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMVette View Post
"Salvage" title until you prove repair with the DMV and they will issue a "rebuilt" title. I drive cars for 10 years minimum plus people around here don't seem to car much if the title says "salvage" or "rebuilt". Insurance companies will only let you have libility on the car, no comp if on a "salvage" title. My limit on doing this is $2,000 to $2,500 for the parts car. It's my labor.

Whole car with all the parts is easier to source parts from than ordering all the plastic crap that broke under the hood. The one I'm looking at was in a rear end wreck, front totally fine and the same color code as mine. Plus after the donor car is done, it will be sold off again for scrap or parts.

I have a 5 car garage so it'll be easy to pull parts off one and install on the other.

Still thinking about it... not a done deal....

When my daughter wrecked her Lexus I did the same thing but bought painted parts online. The color match was a little off but I didn't care.... she'll hit something again....

This was the Lexus:

Attachment 63103

Attachment 63104

Attachment 63105
Nice work on the Lexus. Those headlights alone can put you in the poorhouse. Great you have the space. When I built, that was a necessity No kids, but a tractor and implements
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: