View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:01pm   #37
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

Years ago I had the Enterprise, Klingon battle cruiser, the bridge, and Galileo 7. Never with this kind of detail, though. I did get into WWII battleships and planes for a while and tricked them out.
I did a scene from an air battle from WWII in my bedroom when I was a kid. I used fishing line to hang them from the ceiling. I had a B17 with a ME109 and FW190 diving in on it with a Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, and P51 coming in on them. I used an awl and heated the tip to make bullet holes and had cotton sprayed with black and gray to simulate smoke.
I really got into 1/24 scale cars. Did the chrome trim, plug wires, a little custom body work. I still have some of those on display in a case in the back room.
Most of the ships and planes didn't survive. Still have a few packed away upstairs. The best ship I had was the Constitution. I did the rigging, sails, the whole bit. Took me months to build it. It survived for thirty some odd years until six months ago. Chimney flashing sprang a leak, got onto my ceiling, and caused a collapse. The Constitution was on my mantle, and falling debris did what the British couldn't. I still have her, but have not tried any repairs yet.
Hell of a job you're doing. I don't have the eyesight anymore for the detail work. Shame, too. Got a '57 Fairlane I started but never finished.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post: