View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 9:41pm   #5
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

If we are talking general swill, my last two coffee makers were Bunn. They are great machines, except they have an inherent design flaw with their carafe's, at least their home owner models. It's an extremely piss-poor design that seems to encourage the spilling of water/coffee.

Advantage to the Bunn makers are SPEED. They keep a tank hot and ready and brew FAST. They are difficult to get the right mix though, and seem to require extra grounds to get the coffee to my desired strength.

When my last Bunn gave out, I bought a Calphalon at Target. I'm actually really happy with it. Brews a decent cup. Not as fast as the Bunn, but then again it doesn't have a reservoir tank to facilitate the fast brewing. Carafe design is WAY better. My Bunn's used standard filters, where as the Calphalon uses conical filters.

I bought an industrial supply of paper conical filters for my new maker, but when those dry up, I may go to a reusable type.

That said, I use an El-Cheapo Mr. Coffee at the Cabin, and am happy with it. $20 Coffee maker has been going for 5+ years, but I don't use it every day.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote