Old 07-31-2019, 4:20pm   #9
TripleBlack
Barn Raising I
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 2,060 Times in 876 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $308343

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
I was always afraid to drive something that big....how long to feel comfortable ?
We rented a 24' Class C RV a few weeks ago. I think it was built on a Ford F350 chassis (maybe F450?). It was more like driving a big pickup. I was apprehensive about this one but in some ways it was easier. You sit much higher up and further forward with respect to the front wheels. That wasn't hard to adjust to. Vision to the rear in the mirrors was better since the "cab" is the same width as the rest of the RV.

The F350 Class C was pretty easy on the highway. The Class A seemed more 'busy' - constantly making small steering corrections, especially when driving into the wind. I'm told that's the way it is with Class A RVs until you get into the diesel pushers.

One thing that surprised me was how noisy it was to drive. With a trailer, all you stuff rattling around is behind your relatively quiet tow vehicle. Stuff was constantly rattling in this one and the Class C.

We've been planning to buy something first of next year and not sure which way we'll go. I should start a thread about this.

I was okay driving this after just a few miles except for the 'wandering' issue. Easily controlled but unpleasant.
TripleBlack is offline   Reply With Quote