Old 03-26-2022, 9:45am   #52
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 17.3%

Thanked 31,488 Times in 10,924 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
As of now the price of gas is not bothering me much. I live rural and gas stations are few and far between up here at the lake. Due to transportation costs we pay about .25-.50 more per gallon than the more urban areas any time.

I was in my 30s in the very serious gas crises of the early 70s and for the most part the price is not the biggest issue, the availability of gas is. All sorts of games were played back then and for a fact it made life miserable. Odd even days of being allowed to get gas, odd even license plates, lines a 1/2 mile long to get to the pumps, serious profit taking by many oil companies and station owners. Cars running out of gas while waiting in line! Fights (today shootings) and serious problems at the pumps by people trying to sneak in lines, other stuff.

I will gladly pay $10 a gallon if I do not have to put up with the availability problems like they sicked on us years back. You younger people if you have not experienced what I wrote above you do not have a clue of what can AND WILL happen! With the people of today it will be bad!
Attached Images

MadInNc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post: