Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Just buy a new Movado off their site for half of what they are asking to service it. That’s probably your best bet.
OK...sorry for the delay...here’s a follow up. It’s an SE Chronograph made in around 2011. It has what Movado calls a Swiss automatic chronograph movement and has a sapphire crystal.

http://www.watchalyzer.com/movado-wa...nograph-watch/

The features that no longer works is the date doesn’t advance automatically when the watch passes midnight. For that matter, the date advance mechanism on the crown has always been a little flaky. Otherwise it works great. What I meant to say...poorly...that the watch winds by wrist movement. This is not a battery change. I've had it for almost 10 years and it needs to be opened up, cleaned, the date advance repaired, maybe polished.

I may have paid less than $2K...I really don’t remember. NOX: Should I look around for a good watchmaker and see what they want to repair? Otherwise your advice is well heeded. Millenium Vette you’re right: It was a good memory of a good time, but at some point I’ve got to say GEEEEZUS that’s a lot of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Maybe your neighbors at the old folk's home can chip in.
My neighbors at the old folks home would tell you to take Lincoln’s quote about remaining silent to heart more often.

I have an actual Citizen eco-drive (which is also a great watch). I also have several Fossil watches and a Samsung watch that ties to my phone, and a few others. Sometimes, you see something you like and you buy it. Maybe some of you have plans for your next life, but this is my only go round on this planet and I’m going to enjoy an expensive watch. And good wine. And a good steak. And I’ll enjoy them unapologetically.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: