Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,534 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
No, but IC did *ask* if it was in line with what he should be paying. If he likes his watch, he could fix it, but it is it in line with what he *should* be paying? No, not really...

If it’s a battery or storage capacitor, that could be replaced fairly easily by any competent watchmaker. Perhaps it’s a proprietary capacitor. That happened to me with Citizen before and they held me hostage because of the price of the replacement product. But a simple removal and replacement of a fairly standard battery could be easily done while he waited by a competent watchmaker. It shouldn’t cost $1,100.

If it’s a mechanical watch, then it must use an ETA, Sellita, Valjoux or some iteration thereof, and paying $1,100 for service is not in line with what he should be paying.....

So no.. it sure doesn’t make sense to me.
Fair enough and as I mentioned before, I don't disagree with a word you have said so far in this thread.

IC mentioned a couple of features not working and referred to it as an "eco-drive" which leads me to believe that it isn't a "museum watch" or that it is an automatic. It's probably some oddball ETA or other quartz movement. He might be able to find a watchmaker who wants to take the time to fiddle around with sourcing the movement and save some money, but for many, including myself, time is more important than money.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post: