Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Several years ago, I took a cruise to the Bahamas for XMAS with my kids. When we stopped in Nassau, I bought a Movado eco-drive watch. As I remember, I spent almost $2500 on it. For a long time I thought I had a fake but as it turns out, it's legit. I've never had it serviced and it now needs it as a feature or two isn't working properly. I took it to my local jeweler that I've dealt with for over 20 years and they said they can't work on it...they sent it to the Movado factory service center in Houston...

They come back with a bill for $1100 to service the watch!

Now, I know that Rolexs, Breitlings and other watches cost a lot of money to service. And while not at that level, Movado is a higher end watch. Does this sound right to all you watch afcionados? If this is in line with what I should be paying, fine. But it just seems a bit steep.

I know, I know...first world problems...
Not much sounds right when it comes to watches. Even if your Movado cost $200 to repair, you would still get the same replies that it costs too much, you can buy a digital Casio for 20 bux, etc. What really matters is how you feel about the watch. From what you said, you like the watch and have memories of buying it while on a trip with your kids. Besides, $1,100 isn't going to change your lifestyle much, so I say go ahead and get it fixed. My guess is they are replacing the movement so you will have a "new" watch when you get it back.

Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post: