Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I can respect it. I don't understand it, but I can respect it.

My take is that out side of the military, it's hard to find an organization that is as dedicated to building leaders. It's built into the rank advancement, it's built into the training, it's a focus of the entire program. Leadership is built into the DNA. There's a reason why Eagle Scouts get a promotion in the military. The other co-ed programs (Venturing, Exploring) offer leadership components, but it's not built into the program that the rank and file participate in.

If Girl Scouts have that, it's not well promoted or advertised (at least until recently).

Why wouldn't we want to develop more leadership capabilities in our people of tomorrow? Good leaders know when to lead, and when to follow. They get things done. From my view point, we need more good leaders, not fewer.

YMMV.
I can understand why girls would want to join the BSA but I can't see how there won't be a new "Baby's Daddy" badge. I've lived through 2 USN Destroyer Tenders that were half female sailors. The number of births and pregnancies while underway were unreal. And this was with horny 20+ year olds.
Go ahead, lets see 9 months after your first combined jamboree.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote