Old 05-07-2018, 1:39pm   #37
Entropy
Fantasy Football Champ '12
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 1,264 Times in 766 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $90918

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Ted, folks are upset at the cumulative results of which the BSA is just another of the progressive touchy, feely silliness. The progressive loons are destroying the rules that got the US to be the big dog in a room full of pups. Just my .02.
I can respect it. I don't understand it, but I can respect it.

My take is that out side of the military, it's hard to find an organization that is as dedicated to building leaders. It's built into the rank advancement, it's built into the training, it's a focus of the entire program. Leadership is built into the DNA. There's a reason why Eagle Scouts get a promotion in the military. The other co-ed programs (Venturing, Exploring) offer leadership components, but it's not built into the program that the rank and file participate in.

If Girl Scouts have that, it's not well promoted or advertised (at least until recently).

Why wouldn't we want to develop more leadership capabilities in our people of tomorrow? Good leaders know when to lead, and when to follow. They get things done. From my view point, we need more good leaders, not fewer.

YMMV.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote