View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 2:21pm   #15
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
You forgot aluminum foil to black out your room and empty gatorade bottles to piss in. The walk to the Cadillac during daylight hours after a 14 hour night shift is a killer!! Oh, and ambien will make you talk to your shitty cheeseburger from the chow hall. Saw that personally!!!

I never had to do the aluminum trick. The tents could get pretty dark and the B-Huts weren't too bad for light. Once upon a time, I ended up with a former storage room converted to a private room. It was inside a warehouse with my a/c-heater exhausting into the warehouse. The warehouse had doors that sealed up pretty well so even sandstorms didn't bother my a/c-heater. And yea, walking during a bright day as a night shifter made for stumbling and squinting for sure. My safety net was just a normal water bottle. I'd always clear out the evidence on my walk into work. Now imagine how many water/Gatorade bottles are lying in the desert garbage dump with what looks like apple juice.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post: