Old 06-19-2019, 7:25am   #11
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
Most of those resorts are “all inclusive” so in room alcohol is included. Problem is these are not the typical bottles (airline size) you see in domestic mini bars. They are full size bottles with brand name labels that are in the room when you check in however they are usually already open and partially consumed. I think it is more likely the resorts are refilling bottles with homemade hooch and that is what is poisoning people. This practice is not limited to the DR. Very common in Mexico also
And it's not limited to those 2 areas either, TGI Friday's in NJ got caught doing it a few years ago. I was one of the people who noticed it. My cousin works close by a TGIF in NJ so we stopped in for a drink. I ordered a Crown Royal and Coke, which is my primary drink when i'm out, so i know exactly how it should taste, and it was very very off. I had maybe 2 sips and switched to beer thinking it was the ice or something.

Found out a few months later that it tasted odd because they were filling the bottles with rubbing alcohol.

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...icle-1.1414597
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote