Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Cool! Have to try that.

Do you use bok Choy as if it was cabbage?
I'm not sure what you mean by cabbage.
Bok Choy needs only a couple minutes to cook or it ends up mushy.

I use it 2 different ways.
I cut some of the thicker part of the stem like carrot sticks and put them in 5 minutes before it's done.

I will then take the leafy part with a little bit of stem and put that in right when it's done and put a lid on for a couple minutes to soften it.

Baby bok choy works well whole also. Just wash it real well. Add it the last couple minutes of cooking and it's done.

If you want to keep your brothy soups even lighter 1/2 cook your pasta in seperate water. Strain, rinse and add to soup. This way helps to keep the starch in the pasta water from thickening up your soup. Really important if you use any chinese noodles(rice noodles) to do this or you will get a slimey texture in your broth.

If you feel real adventurous and like Pho soup(vietnamese). Get a good cut of rib eye, throw it in the freezer for 15 minutes. When the soup is done and still really hot shave some of the raw meat in the soup(only use beef). Add some green onions and enjoy.

sorry to hijack your thread. I miss cooking especially now that I don't have a kitchen to cook in.
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingpin For This Useful Post: