NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Of course they were real, and there's plenty more of them out there. After the Soviet Union was dissolved some of our military types were talking to their equivalents and one asked "So, do you ever see stuff on your radar at around 50 to 100 miles altitude moving at suborbital speeds but doing impossible maneuvers?"

They said "All the time! All the damn time! What are they?"

"Well, that's just it, isn't it? What are they?"
My late Dad was retired AF Intelligence*. After he passed, my Mom told me about a "sighting" he never mentioned again.

In the early 60s, they were out on the barn bridge late one night when they both observed a light moving across the sky. It accelerated from left to right and then stopped. It stayed in that position for about a minute and then just took off, streaking across the sky until it left their view.

Mom looked at Dad with a shocked look on her face. Dad said "Did you see that?" She nodded and he quickly said quite firmly "Neither did I" and it was never mentioned again.

My Dad was a "no bullshit" kind of guy. No grey areas, it was either black or white. Any mention of the incident would have been the end of his good job he was given after his military service.

* All he could tell me of his service was he learned to speak and read fluent Russian and he was stationed on one of the northern islands of japan listening to USSR radio chatter.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote